Sunday, September 11, 2011

Proud to be an American

On this day 10 years ago our country stood still as we learned of the attacks. We watched the same video footage all night in hopes that it was all just a bad dream. Our country was shaken. Since then we have given up so many freedoms and liberties so we can feel safer. Is America safer? Do you ever wonder if your city is next? America may not be perfect. And every country has stains on it's history that we wish were not there. With so many protesting our military efforts and those who have given their lives for freedom, here and abroad, I feel the need to speak up and speak out. I teach my kids to honor those in the military and civil service. I am proud to be an American and thank God for the freedom I have to speak my mind, to go to church, to vote, to pray, believe what I believe. In this great melting pot, I am an American! I say the Pledge with my heart. I am proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free!

No comments:

Post a Comment