Saturday, December 31, 2011

2012 Year of Blessing or Doom?

Here we are at the cusp of a new year. Everyone is looking back and looking ahead. Some will make choices but few will stick to them. I've been doing alot of listening and have been dumbfounded by what I hear. A couple of ladies at the bullseye were talking about how this will probably be their best year since it was the end of the world. How they would probably hit the lottery and all that jazz... How can we base the end of the world on a calendar written by a lost civilization? I mean really? Guy was probably a calendar maker and died. Then the chief of the tribe was like, well I won't be around in 2012 so, who cares, we don't need him any more.

Something that was said to me by the big cheese at the office was, Whatever happened in 2011, you have to accept. It's in the history of your life - the good, the bad, the ugly, the fantasic - it's over said and done.

Was 2011 your year? Was it the best year you ever had? If you had to do it all again, all 365 days, would you do exactly the same? Probably not. You can look back and think, I would have done this or that differently... So the question comes, if 2011 was not your best year, what are you going to do differently in 2012? Where are you going to grow; Spiritually, family, financially? You can make 2012 a year of blessing, or a year of doom. I honestly don't think that just because some ancient guy didn't write in a 2013, doesn't mean the world is going to end. God has other things to say about how that happens.  Be a blessing, make your life a blessing. THIS is the year for growth. THIS is the year to let the greatness begin.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I agree. Nothing is "set in stone" as it were. How is it we are willing to accept the half translation of a broken tablet from an extinct society, but believing in the Bible..well, that's just crazy... *sigh* such is life. I agree with what you have said, both here and at home and I am with you 110% on making this year the year I chose to live for the days I am given rather than in the shadow of either my past or my future.

    ReplyDelete