Thursday, March 1, 2012

In All Fairness

As some know I am trying to memorize Psalm 18, it's only 50 verses... hahaha only.... anyway in verse 20 is says that the Lord rewards according to our righteousness, according to the cleaness of our hands...  This can either be a huge comfort or cause a great fear.  How clean are our hands? What is our righteousness compared to God's? After all His standards are usually higher than ours right? On occation our standards match His, but are never higher. How can you get higher than perfect?

Our righteousness is like a filthy garment in the sight of God. But He gave us a solution - Jesus. So it's not by our own effort that God rewards us, but by the grace of God thru Jesus that we receive our rewards. Does this mean we get to do "what ever" we want? Certainly not, but it is a great comfort that when we are in right standing with Jesus we receive a righteous man's reward. 

The fear comes when we truely look at ourselves and ask, are my hands clean?  Have I sinned against my friend, neighbor, or God? What reward are we giving up?

Looking further into this reward, just in this passage, we find peace and protection, strength and victory!

Oh Lord You are my Rock. Forgive me and help me to be blameless before You.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment